- March 2010
- Unispec has earned high Customer Service Ratings corporation-wide for the past two years working with our federal clients
In March, Unispec Enterprises received a 9.2/10 rating in Customer Satisfaction (within our overall surveys.) Our Federal client The Department of Transportation/PHMSA provided this useful, on-the-ground feedback. We take our commitment to excellent customer service seriously, and were pleased to find our customers stating that they felt Unispec was a professional and well-run organization. A big part of that was due to our on-site staff receiving strong evaluations from federal officers.
- January 2010
- Unispec Chief Technology Officer Sotiris Baxevanis was recently elected as ISSA-NOVA President for 2010
Information Systems Security Association-Northern Virginia Chapter (ISSA-NOVA) elected Unispec Enterprises CTO Sotiris Baxevanis as President as of January 2010. Mr. Baxevanis has been a member of the chapter’s Board of Directors since 2004. He has served in various board positions, working to establish the Northern Virginia Chapter as the premier ISSA chapter internationally. Unispec Enterprises was also an ISSA-NOVA Silver Sponsor in 2009, sponsors in 2008 and 2007, and has provided financial mentorship to the northern Virginia information technology-based chapter. Further, the association is beneficial for Unispec Enterprises in regards to networking with strong IT candidates, and keeping abreast of the latest IT knowledge, patterns and trends.
- December 15, 2009
- Unispec awarded prime G2G Systems Architecture project with the Department of Commerce, National Technical Information Service (NTIS)
UniSpec awarded prime G2G Systems Architecture project with the Department of Commerce, National Technical Information Service (NTIS) UniSpec was recently awarded system architecture project with NTIS. The project will support the Department of Education’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) program. [+]
- October 30, 2009
- Unispec awarded prime Systems/Administrative Support Services contract with the Department of Justice, Executive Offices of US Attorneys (EOUSA)
Unispec was recently awarded a support contract that includes Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) and Telecommunications Support, as well as Records Management and Mail Management. [+]
- September 24, 2009
- Unispec to deliver turnkey Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP)/ Disaster Recovery (DR) Collaboration Solution to the Federal Labor Relations Authority (FLRA)
Unispec along with its strategic alliance with Paradigm Solutions will leverage its proprietary OpsPlanner™ product to deliver a turnkey COOP/DR Collaboration solution to the Federal Labor Relations Authority (FLRA). [+]
- August 10, 2009
- Unispec awarded prime Data Standardization and Knowledge/ Collaboration Task at the Department of Transportation
Unispec provides scanning, coding, and importing of data for processing sharing and analysis. [+]
- July 28, 2009
- Unispec awarded Blackberry depot support subcontract with the Treasury Information Technology/Infrastructure Management Solutions (IT/IMS) with BAE Systems
BAE Systems received a contract from the U.S. Department of the Treasury for managed information technology services with a ceiling of $325 million over seven years. [+]
- October 20, 2008 - Washington, DC
- Unispec awarded prime eRecords contract with the Department of Transportation - Washington, DC
Unispec is establishing records management standards and processes and assist DOT in properly maintaining and disposing official document according to NARA standards. The eRecords support helps DOT adapt to changing laws, regulations and mandates that have impacted records management policies, procedures, and practices within Federal agencies.
- July 2, 2008 - Washington, DC
- Unispec awarded $17.1M/5yr prime contract with the Department of Transportation, Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration
Unispec was awarded a 5yr/$17M prime contract to provide administrative and operational support services to the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA). [+]
- January 8, 2008 - Washington, DC
- Unispec awarded a $5M/5yr Database engineering and operations subcontract to support Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
Unispec provides full life-cycle database administrative services to the Information Systems Division (IS) of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) on both mainframe (IDMS and DB2) and client server (Microsoft SQL-Sever, Sybase SQL-Server) platforms. Included these services are database modeling and design, implementation and integration, replication, backup and recovery. These services and a host of other related on-site and remote monitoring and administrative services are performed in a multitude of environments (e.g., Development, Preview, Staging, Production, Reporting, etc.) in support of the Data Management groups mission of high data availability.
- August 30, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Unispec awarded Prime contract to support Commerce Census to support Commodity Flow Survey publication - Washington, DC
Unispec will provide expert management consulting services for the collection, review, and quality assurance of freight transportation characteristics necessary for the production and publication of the Commodity Flow Survey (CFS). The CFS is a component of the Economic Census and is conducted in partnership with the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Bureau of Transportation Statistics, Research and Innovative Technology Administration. The CFS provides the only comprehensive source of key freight transportation measures of what, where, and how goods are moving in U.S. economy across all modes of transportation.
- June 15, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Unispec awarded $2.5M Prime IDIQ contract from the Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) OCIO providing Certification and Accreditation services
Unispec is pleased to announce that IDIQ contract worth $2.5 M if all options are exercised. Unispec served as Certification Agent for a Certification and Accreditation (C&A) project for all BIS business applications. Unispec will be performing analysis and review, conducting interviews with BIS personnel, and preparing all deliverables in accordance with FISMA, NIST, and DOC guidance. Unispec manages the efforts for completing a detailed inventory of all systems and system components, detailed review of BIS Enterprise Security Architecture for both high and moderate systems at Commerce, conducting a comprehensive risk assessment, conducting the system test and evaluation (ST&E), and reviewing and updating disaster recovery, continuity of operations, and risk management plans.
- March 15, 2007 - Washington, DC
- Unispec awarded subcontract to support the HUD Chief Information Security Officer to develop Certification and Accreditation packages
Unispec was awarded a subcontract from Lockheed Martin to support the HUD Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) to develop Certification and Accreditation packages for Microsoft Exchange. Unispec began the project with an initial assessment of HUD’s existing material. Unispec performed and facilitated all steps necessary to ensure HUD received a Full Authorization to Operate (FATO). Due to the exceptional quality of UniSpec’s work, HUD received an “A+” FISMA rating.
- December 9, 2005 - Washington, DC
- Unispec featured as panelist at the 10th Annual NASA Mentor Protégé Conference
Unispec was featured as guest speaker with its Mentor, LESCO, at the 10th Annual NASA Mentor Protégé Conference. LESCO and Unispec were featured to discuss best practices and successes as NASA approved Mentor and Protégé. Other panelists included Ken Bajaj of SystemsNET, Bob Frey and Dr. Terry Tarbell of RSIS, and Kevin Howard of Boeing IT Services. The event was held at the Crown Hamilton Hotel with over 300 in attendance.
- September 14, 2005 - Richmond, VA
- Unispec provides high-end Gap Analysis work for the Federal Reserve in Enterprise Architecture and Management
Unispec provides an Enterprise Gap Analysis and Roadmap for the Federal Reserve IT Infrastructure. The Gap Analysis covered mission-critical fault and configuration monitoring and management techniques for some of the Fed’s upcoming strategic initiatives. The work involved a Quantitative Analysis of best of breed management systems such as Micromuse NetCool, InfoVista, and SMARTS InCharge. The Fed needed to ensure availability and chargeback for emerging auction and retail products from its Manhattan office.
- June 24, 2005 - Washington, DC
- Unispec awarded subcontract to support the NASA Chief Security Office to develop FISMA-based Cyber security Plans
Unispec provided high-end, strategic consulting to the Chief Security Officer (CSO) of NASA. UniSpec is providing NIST and FISMA-compliant guidelines for the security certification and accreditation of information systems supporting NASA enterprise-wide. This consists of the development of 13 Master Plans that will dictate the Security Policies and Procedures NASA wide. Unispec leverages its qEA services to develop the C&A processes throughout the program, for all the NIST compliant respected phases, the Initiation Phase, Security Certification Phase, Security Accreditation Phase, and Continuous Monitoring Phase.
- March 15, 2005 - Washington, DC
- Unispec awarded subcontract to support NASA's "Return to Safe Space Flight" Campaign
Unispec is a major subcontractor to LESCO on the NASA Operational Support Services (OSS) contract. In that role, UniSpec is performing work for national and international publication, graphics, and branding support through the Printing and Design office. The work is instrumental to NASA's continuous marketing and branding campaign to universities, industry, and the science community. The program also includes support of other administrative services such as mail handling, move services, and editor support.